Waikiki's Gold Coast, Honolulu, Oahu, Hawaii. An exclusive, quiet, luxurious Honolulu neighborhood.
Located on the south-eastern shores of Oahu, this quiet and older community has a tropic feeling although a number of units will be fully renovated with modern amenities. This 1968 national landmark of Diamond Head is surrounded neighborhood is a ten-minute drive to Ala Moana Center and Kahala Mall, a ten-minute walk to Waikiki's Kalakaua Strip and the Royal Hawaiian Shopping Center, a ten-minute walk to Kapahulu's long-standing local businesses and food stops, a five-minute drive to gas stations and public / charter / higher education schools.
- A number of apartments complexes, single-family homes and estates that range from $100-300,000 Leasehold properties to $400,000-$5M Fee Simple properties depending on size and location. Comparable real estate can be found in the Waikiki and Kakaako areas.
- Zip Code: 96815
- Temperature Range: 62-87 F (Weather)
- Accessible drive from around the island (H1 East off exits: Waialae Avenue, King Street (to Kapahulu Avenue), Kokohead (to Harding Avenue / Kilauea Avenue))
- Best known for its views of Diamond Head, Waikiki, the Honolulu City Lights, Kapahulu, and driving proximity to the Waikiki, Kahala, Ala Moana and Kakaako neighboring areas
- Hawaiian name Leahi means "brow of the tuna" for its shape and diamond head describes its past discovery of no-value calcite crystals on its slopes
By the Numbers
- 3 Gold Coast homes were sold in December 2016 compared to 8 homes sold in the same month last calendar year.
- Gold Coast properties have been previously represented by Eric T Chu - SC Realty in the last 24 months; contact me for more details on how I helped my clients to list and buy these amazing properties.
- Median Home Prices for Diamond Head Condos: $675k to 1.2M for 800-1200 sq. ft. (Honolulu HI 5)
SC Realty's Footprint in the Gold Coast / Waikiki
- Buy / Work with Eric T Chu - SC Realty to find your dream home in this quiet and beautiful neighborhood that is adjacent to Diamond Head
- Sell / List your property with us at Eric T Chu - SC Realty and see the results in this consistent island luxury area
- Property Management (you can rent one of our client's properties or leverage our services to rent your property)
Coming up next week...
A new and vibrant neighborhood on Oahu, Kaka'ako includes coffee shops, new shopping complexes with mainland and local box stores and boutiques alike, art-filled streets that border the downtown Oahu work district and neighbors the Ala Moana/ Waikiki tourist meccas. Get to know this walk-able, central, and young neighborhood with a hipster feel that is also home for us at Eric T Chu - SC Realty and is as yet still accessible to the investor and dream home owner alike.
Eric T Chu - SC Realty is a full-service real estate and property management agent. He has extensive experience on Oahu advising both first-time home buyers/sellers and those looking to invest in property and on the search for a responsive and trustworthy property management partner.
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are links to external websites. This means, if you click on the link and go to another site, we are not responsible for loss or damages incurred. We only link to or recommend material we use personally and believe will add value to our readers. We are disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising." Note that factual information is sourced from MLS around the time of blog post and considered to be reliable as available but not guaranteed. Images used in this post are sourced from my personal Eric T Chu - SC Realty Archives or Pixabay (free for commercial use with no attribution required).