Seek Home on Oahu, Hawaii with Eric T Chu - SC Realty. An Island in the Pacific, with diverse neighborhoods, some quiet, tropic, and elegant; some metro-city, bustling hub; and some, full-fledged suburb neighborhoods.
Besides being the main island of Hawaii State, Oahu offers both old Hawaii and New Hawaii modern living. The process of home-buying in Hawaii has many parallels to purchasing real estate globally.
Eric T Chu - SC Realty, a realtor on the team at SC Realty Hawaii, is one of a handful of responsive, approachable, and knowledgeable team members who can not only introduce you to Oahu real estate but also guide you through the process of owning your investment property or dream home in Hawaii.
- Oahu Zip Codes: 96***
- Annual Temperature Range: 60-95 F (Weather)
- Accessible driving from around the island (various local highways including Kamehameha, Likelike, Pali, Kalanianaole, and highways, H1, H2, and H3 connect the island of Oahu)
- Best known for its beaches, viewpoints of Diamond Head, Waikiki, the Honolulu City Lights, Tantalus, Makapuu, and driving proximity to the Waikiki, Kahala, Ala Moana, and Kaka'ako neighborhoods, Oahu is a composite of many diverse areas you could call home
- Hawaiian name Oahu or O'ahu means "the gathering place" and is the third largest Hawaiian Island, home to about 2/3 of the population in the state of Hawaii (article)
By the Numbers
- Calculate What You Can Afford using trusted calculators online; we recommend: Realtor's and for those looking to weigh an investment, look at the cost of ownership and holdability with us at Eric T Chu - SC Realty
- Do Your Homework on Free Money from government stipend programs, your employer, or from the sale/purchase of real estate in your circumstance depending on the property you purchase; we recommend: Hawaii-specific HUD information
- Do Your Homework on Location: identify your target location(s) using a map and our neighborhood blogs; we recommend: working with Eric T Chu - SC Realty to help you identify a neighborhood that's home or an investment home. Location is everything from proximity (to work, school, landmarks, highways), to shops/services/amenities (groceries, gas stations, post offices, libraries, airport), public facilities (beaches, parks), to community/neighbors (quiet, noisy, walkable, bike-friendly, kid friendly, gated community, neighborhood association). Zoning and history of the area is important and a real-estate can help you to understand potential construction or prior hazards.
SC Realty's Engagement with Home-Buyers
- Meet with Eric T Chu - SC Realty to define the requirements of your dream home, accounting for your neighborhood and numbers; we will guide you through the process of home-buying and answer questions you may have
- Full-service real estate as represented by Eric T Chu - SC Realty
- Property Management (you can rent one of our client's properties or leverage our services to rent your property)
Coming up next week...
A new and vibrant neighborhood on Oahu, Kaka'ako includes coffee shops, new shopping complexes with mainland and local box stores and boutiques alike, art-filled streets that border the downtown Oahu work district and neighbors the Ala Moana/ Waikiki tourist meccas. Get to know this walk-able, central, and young neighborhood with a hipster feel that is also home for us at Eric T Chu - SC Realty and is as yet still accessible to the investor and dream home owner alike.
Eric T Chu - SC Realty is a full-service real estate and property management agent. He has extensive experience on Oahu advising both first-time home buyers/sellers and those looking to invest in property and on the search for a responsive and trustworthy property management partner.
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are links to external websites. This means, if you click on the link and go to another site, we are not responsible for loss or damages incurred. We only link to or recommend material we use personally and believe will add value to our readers. We are disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising." Note that factual information is sourced from MLS around the time of blog post and considered to be reliable as available but not guaranteed. Images used in this post are sourced from my personal Eric T Chu - SC Realty Archives or Pixabay (free for commercial use with no attribution required).