Hawaii Kai, Honolulu, Oahu, Hawaii. An older and close-to-water, but luxurious East Honolulu neighborhood.
In the East-most part of the City & County of Honolulu, Oahu, Hawaii Kai is a largely residential area with a Costco, a number of restaurants, grocery stores, strip malls, medical clinics, and public and private schools with proximity to Downtown Honolulu via Route 72 Kalanianaole Highway that connects this east-side town to the other parts of Oahu. Over the past few years, Eric T Chu - SC Realty and his fellow realtors at SC Realty have helped investors and dream home owners explore this convenient and family-friendly neighborhood with lots of living options and styles of condos and townhomes to single-family residences.
- A number of single family homes, high and low-rise apartment complexes and commercial spaces near the Hawaii Kai Marina and also the Golf Course dot this older East Oahu community. Apartment rental units average from $1,500 to $5,000 per month depending on bedrooms/bathrooms/amenities. Purchase prices for Single Family (SF) homes ranges from $400,000 Studios to $3.5M Fee Simple homes depending on size and location. Comparable real estate can be found in the adjacent Waialae, Kahala, Kuliouou-Kalani Iki, Diamond Head-Kapahulu-St. Louis areas.
- Zip Code: 96825
- Temperature Range: 65-81 F (Weather)
- Accessible drive from around the island (H1 West and East off exits at Kalanianaole Highway also known as Route 72)
- Known for its Marina, Costco, Foodland Farms and east Honolulu eateries, Hawaii Kai is home to several
- Condominiums: Mauna Luan, Heritage House, Mount Terrace, Kalele Kai, Naniwa Gardens, 7000 Hawaii Kai Drive, Commodore Hawaii Kai, Plaza Hawaii Kai
- Townhomes: Mawaena Kai, The Esplanade, Kaimala Marina, Gateway Peninsula, Marina Palms, Villa Marina, Kuapa Isle, Koko Isle, Colony Marina
- Schools: Yelp Listing
The Hawaii Kai Marina is a leisure selling point of the Hawaii Kai community. Watch sunrises and sunsets from this stop-off point or browse the many shops and restaurants that line the Marina from Costco and City Mill to Zippy's and Assagio as well as Oahu's first Roy's restaurant location.
SC Realty's Footprint in the Hawaii Kai Community
- Enjoy some of our favorite places to relax in the Hawaii Kai area; Eric T Chu - SC Realty frequents
- Hawaii Kai properties have been previously represented by Eric T Chu - SC Realty in the last 24 months; contact me for more details on how I helped my clients purchase and list these water-adjacent properties.
- Buy / Work with Eric T Chu - SC Realty to find your dream home in this convenient and beautiful older neighborhood
- Property Management (you can rent one of our client's properties or leverage our services to rent your property)
Coming up next week...
For Sale by Owner (FSBO) vs. Using a Local Listing Agent: Which is Best for Your Investment?
Eric T Chu - SC Realty is a full-service real estate and property management agent. He has extensive experience on Oahu advising both first-time home buyers/sellers and those looking to invest in property and on the search for a responsive and trustworthy property management partner.
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are links to external websites. This means, if you click on the link and go to another site, we are not responsible for loss or damages incurred. We only link to or recommend material we use personally and believe will add value to our readers. We are disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising." Note that factual information is sourced from MLS around the time of blog post and considered to be reliable as available but not guaranteed. Images used in this post are sourced from my personal Eric T Chu - SC Realty Archives or Pixabay (free for commercial use with no attribution required).