Kailua, Windward Oahu, Hawaii. The beach with "two seas" neighborhood.
Located on the Windward side of Oahu, this breezy beach community has a laid back feel. Nothing lacking though, since this neighborhood community is self-sufficient with its own Windward Mall, new box stores, eateries, local boutiques, gas stations, a dedicated post office, public / charter / higher education schools, medical facilities, natural and man-made attractions, and a quick commute to all parts of the island.
- Population: 38,635 (2010)
- Zip Code: 96734
- Average Temperature: 71.4-80.8 F (21.8-27 C; US Climate Data source)
- Accessible drive from around the island (H3, Likelike Highway , Pali Highway , and Kamehameha Highway )
- Best known for its beautiful beaches and lush proximity to the Ko'olau Mountain Range in neighboring Kaneohe
- Change is coming to this sleepy town with a Whole Foods, lots of renovation, and lots of bike paths - see Area 3/3a (and bike rentals!)
- Hawaiian name means "two seas" which describes its two lagoons or currents in the Kailua Bay area
- Kai = Sea, Sea water
- 'elua = Two
By the Numbers
- 22 Kailua homes were sold in November 2016 compared to 16 homes sold in the same month last calendar year.
- Kailua properties were nearly 1/3 of Eric T Chu - SC Realty client representations in the last 24 months
- Median Home Prices: 804,500 (Single-Family Home, vs. 643,500 on Oahu); 422,500 (Condo, vs. 325,000 on Oahu) (Honolulu Magazine source)
Eric T Chu - SC Realty Recommends
- Casablanca Restaurant for its delicious Moroccan food and beautiful decor (Casablanca on Yelp)
- Nalu Health Bar & Cafe for its acai bowls and tasty smoothies (Nalu on Yelp)
- Kayak Rentals to explore the coastline of Kailua by sea (Kailua Beach Adventures on Yelp)
SC Realty's Footprint in Kailua
- Buy / Work with Eric T Chu - SC Realty to find your dream home in this quiet and easy to navigate neighborhood
- Sell / List your property with us at Eric T Chu - SC Realty and see the results in this upward trend market
- Property Management (you can rent one of our client's properties or leverage our services to rent your property)
Coming up next week...
An older neighborhood in East Oahu, the Kaimuki area boasts 1950's Oahu Craftsman homes, a select-few apartment low rises, and lots of new construction, while also home to several strip-mall businesses that include many local chain eateries, flower shops, bakeries, and a number of mom-and-pop stores. Get to know this walk-able and commute-friendly neighborhood that we at Eric T Chu - SC Realty love and that is beginning to bustle again in so many ways.
Eric T Chu - SC Realty is a full-service real estate and property management agent. He has extensive experience on Oahu advising both first-time home buyers/sellers and those looking to invest in property and on the search for a responsive and trustworthy property management partner.
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are links to external websites. This means, if you click on the link and go to another site, we are not responsible for loss or damages incurred. We only link to or recommend material we use personally and believe will add value to our readers. We are disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising." Note that factual information is sourced from MLS around the time of blog post and considered to be reliable as available but not guaranteed.