Kaimukī, Honolulu, Oahu, Hawaii. A classic and quiet Honolulu neighborhood.
Located on the south shores of Oahu, this quiet and older community has a small town feel. This neighborhood community is self-sufficient with its own nearby Kahala Mall, eateries, long-standing local businesses, gas stations, public / charter / higher education schools, medical facilities, natural and man-made attractions, and a quick commute to all parts of the island.
- A number of 1950's Oahu Craftsman homes, a select-few apartment low rises, and lots of new construction keep the charm going in this classic Honolulu neighborhood.
- Being home to several strip-mall businesses that include many local chain eateries, flower shops, bakeries, and a number of mom-and-pop stores, Kaimuki is a convenient stop that offers a quiet reprieve just 10-15 minutes away from the bustle of downtown Honolulu.
- Population: 18,930 (source)
- Zip Code: 96815, 96816
- Average Temperature: 70-85 F (World Weather)
- Accessible drive from around the island (H1 East off exits: Waialae Avenue, King Street (to Kapahulu Avenue), Kokohead (to Harding Avenue))
- Best known for its views of Diamond Head, Wilhelmina Rise, St. Louis Heights, Palolo Valley, and driving proximity to the Waikiki, Kahala, Ala Moana and Kakaako areas in neighboring areas
- Hawaiian name means "ti root oven" which describes its past usage as King Kalakaua's ostritch farm in the southern Oahu area
By the Numbers
- 40 Kaimuki homes were sold in November 2016 compared to 60 homes sold in the same month last calendar year.
- Kaimuki properties were nearly 1/3 of Eric T Chu - SC Realty client representations in the last 24 months
- Median Home Prices: 1M in 2016 (Single-Family Home, vs. 643,500 on Oahu); in prior years, 890K in 2015 and 800K in 2012 (Honolulu HI 5; Area Vibes)
SC Realty's Footprint in Kaimuki
- Buy / Work with Eric T Chu - SC Realty to find your dream home in this quiet and easy to navigate neighborhood
- Sell / List your property with us at Eric T Chu - SC Realty and see the results in this upward trend market
- Property Management (you can rent one of our client's properties or leverage our services to rent your property)
Coming up next week...
An older neighborhood on Oahu, the Diamond Head area includes quiet streets that border the luxury real estate known as the Gold Coast and is just steps away from Waikiki. Get to know this walk-able and commute-friendly neighborhood with ample parking and a lazy Sunday feel that we at Eric T Chu - SC Realty love and is still very accessible to the investor and dream home owner alike.
Eric T Chu - SC Realty is a full-service real estate and property management agent. He has extensive experience on Oahu advising both first-time home buyers/sellers and those looking to invest in property and on the search for a responsive and trustworthy property management partner.
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are links to external websites. This means, if you click on the link and go to another site, we are not responsible for loss or damages incurred. We only link to or recommend material we use personally and believe will add value to our readers. We are disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising." Note that factual information is sourced from MLS around the time of blog post and considered to be reliable as available but not guaranteed. Images used in this post are sourced from Pixabay (free for commercial use with no attribution required) and/or the 501(C)3 Historic Hawaii Foundation dedicated to saving Hawaii's historic places. Historic Hawaii Foundation exists because of the financial support of its members. It receives NO government funding at http://historichawaii.org/2014/05/23/kaimuki-a-brief-history/.