Makiki, Honolulu, Oahu, Hawaii. An affordable, convenient, and centrally-located Honolulu neighborhood.
Makiki is a growth-neighborhood that currently houses older, high and low-rises, a few duplexes and yet is known for its proximity to great schools, downtown Honolulu, and transportation by-ways. For Eric T Chu - SC Realty, this area has huge growth potential and one to watch as we see new development in the form of small community loft living and new businesses moving in to the area. Makiki is a centrally-located Honolulu family and investor-friendly neighborhood to call home on Oahu, Hawaii.
- A number of apartments complexes and businesses that range from Studio to multi-bedroom rental units from $200,000-$1.5M Fee Simple properties depending on size and location. There are two distinct areas: Makiki and Makiki Heights with the Heights' homes being more valuable up to an $18M listing near Tantalus or Round Top Drive at the moment (MLS #201627051). Comparable real estate can be found in the adjacent Lower Punchbowl, Kapiolani, Kaimuki and Manoa areas.
- Zip Code: 96822
- Temperature Range: 62-87 F (Weather)
- Accessible drive from around the island (H1 West off exits: Wilder Avenue, Kapiolani Avenue; and H1 East off exits: Kinau Street, Punahou Street). Major roads include: Punahou Street / Manoa Road, Pensacola Street, Round Top Drive, Piikoi Street, Nehoa Street / Prospect Street, Metcalf Street and Wilder Avenue
- Best known for its proximity to freeways, neighborhood atmosphere of district parks, tennis courts, a skate park, recreational pools, private and public schools such as Punahou School and Roosevelt High School, Downtown Honolulu area, and being previously home to President Obama and Bruno Mars
MLS # 201629165. The MLS properties are based on information from the Multiple Listing Service of Hicentral MLS, Ltd. Listings last updated on March 09, 2017. Information is deemed reliable but not guaranteed. Listing Courtesy: OahuRE.com.
SC Realty's Footprint in the Makiki Area
- Enjoy some of our favorite places to hang out in the Makiki area; Eric T Chu - SC Realty frequents the following
- Sure Shot Cafe in the Makiki Shopping Village known for their delicious scones (Check SSC out on Yelp!)
- Makiki Farmer's Market at St. Clements for local produce, music, and meals (Check the Farmer's Market out on Yelp!)
- Peppa's Korean BBQ - Meats, mandoo, and vegetable sides - quick and generous Korean food (Check Peppa's out on Yelp)
- Makiki Community Library - Despite the limited hours of operation, this is a great community-run resource for reading as a family or getting some work done in the area (More @Makiki Library)
- Buy / Work with Eric T Chu - SC Realty to find your dream home in this convenient community neighborhood that is 5-minutes from Downtown Honolulu, Manoa and Ala Moana
- Sell / List your property with us at Eric T Chu - SC Realty and see the results in this part-suburb community, part suburb-luxury area
- Property Management (you can rent one of our client's properties or leverage our services to rent your property)
Eric T Chu - SC Realty is a full-service real estate and property management agent. He has extensive experience on Oahu advising both first-time home buyers/sellers and those looking to invest in property and on the search for a responsive and trustworthy property management partner.
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are links to external websites. This means, if you click on the link and go to another site, we are not responsible for loss or damages incurred. We only link to or recommend material we use personally and believe will add value to our readers. We are disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising." Note that factual information is sourced from MLS around the time of blog post and considered to be reliable as available but not guaranteed. Images used in this post are sourced from my personal Eric T Chu - SC Realty Archives or Pixabay (free for commercial use with no attribution required).