Manoa, Honolulu, Oahu, Hawaii. An older, peaceful, and lush Honolulu neighborhood.
The often rainy college town neighborhood on Oahu, Manoa includes small shops, a strip mall, and a number of public and private schools with proximity to Downtown Honolulu and freeways that connect this sleepier town to the other parts of Oahu. Over the past few years, Eric T Chu - SC Realty and his fellow realtors at SC Realty have helped investors and dream home owners explore this family-friendly and elegant neighborhood with great architecture.
- A number of single family homes, low-rise apartment complexes and small businesses at Manoa Marketplace on Woodlawn Drive dot this older 1950s community. Apartment rental units average from $1,000 to $5,000 per month depending on bedrooms/bathrooms/amenities. Purchase prices for Single Family (SF) homes ranges from $200,000 Studios to $3.5M Fee Simple homes depending on size and location. Comparable real estate can be found in the adjacent Makiki-Lower Punchbowl, Palolo and Diamond Head-Kapahulu-St. Louis areas.
- Zip Code: 96822
- Temperature Range: 62-87 F (Weather)
- Accessible drive from around the island (H1 West and East off exits: Wilder Avenue, Manoa/Punahou Street, University Avenue, King Street)
- Best known for its University and central Honolulu location, Manoa's University of Hawaii Campus is home to students pursuing higher education. Additional schools in the Manoa area can be found via a quick Yelp search.
- The Hawaiian Language pegs Manoa as meaning thick, vast, deep, solid, thick which best describes the valley landscape which is often cool with its wind and rains
The Manoa Marketplace is a central hub of activity in the Manoa community. A weekly Farmers' Market sets up shop in the courtyard here where one can find deals on locally grown produce.
SC Realty's Footprint in the Manoa Community
- Enjoy some of our favorite places to relax in the Manoa area; Eric T Chu - SC Realty frequents
- Manoa properties have been previously represented by Eric T Chu - SC Realty in the last 24 months; contact me for more details on how I helped my clients purchase and list these classic properties.
- Buy / Work with Eric T Chu - SC Realty to find your dream home in this convenient and beautiful older neighborhood
- Property Management (you can rent one of our client's properties or leverage our services to rent your property)
Coming up next week...
Guest blog on 4 Best Neighborhoods to Find Condos for Sale on Oahu.
Eric T Chu - SC Realty is a full-service real estate and property management agent. He has extensive experience on Oahu advising both first-time home buyers/sellers and those looking to invest in property and on the search for a responsive and trustworthy property management partner.
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are links to external websites. This means, if you click on the link and go to another site, we are not responsible for loss or damages incurred. We only link to or recommend material we use personally and believe will add value to our readers. We are disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising." Note that factual information is sourced from MLS around the time of blog post and considered to be reliable as available but not guaranteed. Images used in this post are sourced from my personal Eric T Chu - SC Realty Archives or Pixabay (free for commercial use with no attribution required).